Monday, June 11, 2007

A Boring Article (continued)

I am back as I promised with same old boring article. Today I officially announce end of research on the topic of boredom. Read on and be enlightened.............
I live alone most of the time so I have all the time in this world to get bored. Few of my friends just came to meet me and in those 10 days I hardly got bored. Now you will say we know no one feels bored in desirable company. Ever thought of this what is about that desirable company that makes those moments deprived of boredom. Is it
1. My eagerness to listen to them
2. Or was I amused by just looking at my friends.
3. Or was it that subconscious thing of just knowing that they are with you.
If you think its last two just stay with someone for a month or so you will know that you have been kidding yourself. Those of you who thought option 1 congratulations you are on same boat as I am. I will go one step further and say it’s not my eagerness to listen it’s just my eagerness. This eagerness can be for anything. My problem starts when I am eager to do something and there is no way I could do it. With this I reach my penultimate deduction.
DEDUCTION 3: Unable to execute your hobbies due to practical constraints lead to boredom.

I have covered most of the situations all except one. This one is probably the cause of boredom felt in office when I have work, friends everything around me. I call this boredom of monotony. As it is most common type of boredom I won't elaborate on it. This type of boredom cannot be fought as I don't control what work I do and when I do it it’s up to my boss. (I can write pages abusing him but this article is not about him.) This type of boredom is caused when one of the basic law of nature is breached that is law of change. What to do if I am in this situation. What I found to be most effective is take a break stay at home get really bored for some time then go back to work and I feel much better at work then.
DEDUCTION 4: Boredom caused by monotony.

I hope you were able to kill some time reading it I surely killed some time writing it. So long friends I'll be back with equally irrelevant topic.

p.s: you got any suggestion for next one?????

No comments: